[Letux-kernel] letux-4.14-rc1

H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Thu Sep 28 10:28:12 CEST 2017

Hi Vagrant,
sorry for not answering earlier.

> Am 23.09.2017 um 08:00 schrieb Vagrant Cascadian <vagrant at debian.org>:
>
> On 2017-09-19, H. Nikolaus Schaller wrote:
>> rebase onto v4.14-rc1 is done.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Tested on the OpenPandora:
>
>  4.14.0-rc1-letux+ #1468 SMP PREEMPT Mon Sep 18 00:26:34 CEST 2017
>  armv7l GNU/Linux
>
> Running Debian stretch.

Great!

>> On the OpenPandora the Panel lacks Red and Green channels. I.e. a white window is shown in black and blue.
>
> Yeah, the color on the LCD looks a bit washed out...
>

>> But the Nubs are working now.
>
> Didn't get the Nubs working; is there some user-space configuration
> needed?

Well, they should become visible in /dev/input/event.
And there is a /proc/pandora directory where the type of input can be configured.

I have only tested with evtest that there is something if you move the nubs,
so I don't have played with the configs.

>> WiFi still broken.
>
> Confirmed.
>

>> http://download.goldelico.com/letux-kernel/letux-4.14-rc1/
>
> Also available at https:// :)

Yes. I should setup add a rewrite rule to .htaccess...

> Also tested:
>
> Frambuffer: works on console and X (color appears washed out, as above)
>
> Touchscreen: OK
>
> USB: internal hub loads, no devices recognized plugged into USB port on
>  back. Is there user-space configuration needed to enable USB?

I think we need to somehow enable the power to the USB port.

> USB-OTG: g_ether loads, device is recognized on the other end, but never
>  gets a DHCP lease (notably, this works with 4.12.x from Debian).

Hm. I have not seen such a difference with my Debian setup. But I don't use
DHCP for g_ether.

> keyboard: most regular keys work fine, in both X and on console.
>  <, and >. keys seem to be {[ and }], respectively.
>  Fn-key combos do not work.

Might be a mismatch of keymap in kernel and xmodmap or something.

> battery charging: OK
>
> battery power: OK
>
> ac power: OK
>
> usb-otg power: OK