[Openpvrsgx-devgroup] ***UNCHECKED*** Re: editing the wiki / am3517 support

H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Wed Nov 20 09:32:45 CET 2019

Hi Jeroen,

> Am 19.11.2019 um 21:11 schrieb Jeroen Hofstee <jeroen at myspectrum.nl>:
>
> Hi,
>
> Interesting project, personally I would be interested if this has
> even a slight chance of working on an am3517. And if so, how..

We all hope so :)

Basically it seems as if the am3517 has the same sgx530 inside as
the dm3730.

> If I recall correctly the old releases used the FBDEV, but here
> the goal seems to add a DRM driver.

Yes, DRM is more future proof.

> Are there userland binaries available for that or does that only
> depend on the linux driver for which the code is available?

Basically it is the DDK 1.10 driver and userland.

The latest kernel driver of this project allows to choose between
several DDK versions.

DDK 1.10 compiles and can be started (at least on OMAP3) but then
the driver does not find any displays. Maybe because I have no longer
enabled the fbdev subsystem.

Unfortunately the DDK+UM 1.14 can also start but simply reports a
memory mapping error where we have no clue yet where it comes
from.

> Anyway, so I have some googling to do, the wiki pages seems
> not to be editable, but it would be nice if I can write down my
> findings.

Yes, that is very welcome. I think a table / matrix of links to
all user-space packages and status would also be very heplful.

> Is it possible to allow the github account jhofstee to edit the
> wiki pages?

It should be possible. I have checked my account and I seem to
have admin rights.

There is a ckeckbox:

"Restrict editing to users in teams with push access only
Public wikis will still be readable by everyone."

So this would mean that you need push access. But I do not
really know how to enable this.