[Letux-kernel] X1600 / LX16 support - here: adding MMC - MAJOR BREAKTHROUGH

Paul Boddie paul at boddie.org.uk
Tue Feb 13 19:21:31 CET 2024

On Tuesday, 13 February 2024 18:55:05 CET H. Nikolaus Schaller wrote:

> Except reboot. Ah, reboot needs some watchdog for wakeup!
> Maybe we will find a puzzle piece there.

What I do in my own low-level framework is to set an RTC alarm and then enter
hibernate.

> This proves that we don't need most of the vendor drivers.

Yes, I think the only one that really offered anything substantially different
was pinctrl.

> One thing I am currently studying a little is the USB/OTG subsystem.
> This seems to differ from all others. There is a register
> address range 0x10078000 for the OTGPHY.
>
> Watchdog, PWM and the OTG (not the phy) seems to be also significantly
> different from x1000. But OTG seems to be a specialization of the DWC2.
>
> So we must add 11. Watchdog and 12. PWM to our list. Maybe I should add
> a text file to the work-x1600 branch just with this list...

As I noted before, the X2000 has a different LCD controller, and I noticed
recently that it also seems to have a different SD card controller. So, the
X1600 is something of a stepping stone from one generation to the next.

Paul