[Letux-kernel] X1600 / LX16 support - here: adding MMC - MAJOR BREAKTHROUGH

H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Tue Feb 13 18:55:05 CET 2024

> Am 13.02.2024 um 18:39 schrieb Paul Boddie <paul at boddie.org.uk>:
>
> On Tuesday, 13 February 2024 18:02:13 CET H. Nikolaus Schaller wrote:
>>
>> x1600 has compatible = "ingenic,rtc-x1600";
>
> I think this must have come from the vendor kernel device tree.

yes, the initial arch/mips/boot/dts/ingenic/x1600.dtsi was a copy
of the vendor kernel (at module_drivers/dts/x1600.dtsi) and may
still contain nonsense in an umstream kernel environment.

>> x1000 has compatible = "ingenic,x1000-rtc",
> "ingenic,jz4780-rtc";
>> x1830 has compatible = "ingenic,x1830-rtc",
> "ingenic,jz4780-rtc";
>>
>> and addresses are identical. All of them use the same driver
>> drivers/rtc/rtc-jz4740.c with no specialization for x1000 or jz4780.
>>
>> So it might be as simple as adding "ingenic,jz4780-rtc".
>
> From my own notes, the X1600 RTC is a subset of the JZ4780 RTC functionality.

Great! It seems to work including power-controller.

Except reboot. Ah, reboot needs some watchdog for wakeup!
Maybe we will find a puzzle piece there.

This proves that we don't need most of the vendor drivers.

One thing I am currently studying a little is the USB/OTG subsystem.
This seems to differ from all others. There is a register
address range 0x10078000 for the OTGPHY.

Watchdog, PWM and the OTG (not the phy) seems to be also significantly
different from x1000. But OTG seems to be a specialization of the DWC2.

So we must add 11. Watchdog and 12. PWM to our list. Maybe I should add
a text file to the work-x1600 branch just with this list...

BR,
Nikoaus