[Letux-kernel] X1600 / LX16 support - here: adding MMC - MAJOR BREAKTHROUGH

H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Tue Feb 13 19:25:35 CET 2024

> Am 13.02.2024 um 19:21 schrieb Paul Boddie <paul at boddie.org.uk>:
>
> On Tuesday, 13 February 2024 18:55:05 CET H. Nikolaus Schaller wrote:
>>
>> Except reboot. Ah, reboot needs some watchdog for wakeup!
>> Maybe we will find a puzzle piece there.
>
> What I do in my own low-level framework is to set an RTC alarm and then enter
> hibernate.

Yes, something like this. It should be solved for the other ingenic processors
so we can look there.

>> This proves that we don't need most of the vendor drivers.
>
> Yes, I think the only one that really offered anything substantially different
> was pinctrl.

Yes, they have added several features which were not easy to control in 5.10
kernel gpiolib. But I think it is easier in 6.8 now.

>> One thing I am currently studying a little is the USB/OTG subsystem.
>> This seems to differ from all others. There is a register
>> address range 0x10078000 for the OTGPHY.
>>
>> Watchdog, PWM and the OTG (not the phy) seems to be also significantly
>> different from x1000. But OTG seems to be a specialization of the DWC2.
>>
>> So we must add 11. Watchdog and 12. PWM to our list. Maybe I should add
>> a text file to the work-x1600 branch just with this list...
>
> As I noted before, the X2000 has a different LCD controller, and I noticed
> recently that it also seems to have a different SD card controller. So, the
> X1600 is something of a stepping stone from one generation to the next.

Done:

https://git.goldelico.com/?p=letux-kernel.git;a=blob;f=x1600-missing.txt;h=673e1e2959c63a501fdb376dab68286d114e7c55;hb=26c4ae143e3120615a99e167ca0db045a763dfc1