[Letux-kernel] Audio Offset for handsfree speakers

aTc atc at k-n-p.org
Tue Dec 14 15:00:02 CET 2021

> Hi aTc,
> that is nice!
>
> Where can I find the patches? I think they should go into 5.10.y, 5.15.y and 5.16 as well.

This is just a quick hack to see if changing the offset registers
actually makes a difference. It just shows the value as unsigned,
instead of the positive/negative offset it should probably show.
I'll have a look around for a more proper way to implement it, if you
think this functionality is worth having in the mixer.

> And I still wonder why you don't migrate to 5.10.y. There should not be significant functional differences (unless there are other patches I am not aware of) except that it is upstream maintained...

I think the problem with all the newer kernels was the pvr driver, it
either didn't work at all, or it worked very slowly (getting < 8 fps in
glxgears). You might have fixed up some things since I last tried
though, so I'll give it another try.
I only tried 5.15.y recently, and that had the really slow performance too.