[Letux-kernel] Audio Offset for handsfree speakers

H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Tue Dec 14 15:07:41 CET 2021

HI,

> Am 14.12.2021 um 15:00 schrieb aTc <atc at k-n-p.org>:
>
> On 12/14/21 12:36, H. Nikolaus Schaller wrote:
>> Hi aTc,
>> that is nice!
>> Where can I find the patches? I think they should go into 5.10.y, 5.15.y and 5.16 as well.
>
> This is just a quick hack to see if changing the offset registers actually makes a difference. It just shows the value as unsigned, instead of the positive/negative offset it should probably show.
> I'll have a look around for a more proper way to implement it, if you think this functionality is worth having in the mixer.

Indeed. Just let me know if there is something to test or merge...

>> And I still wonder why you don't migrate to 5.10.y. There should not be significant functional differences (unless there are other patches I am not aware of) except that it is upstream maintained...
>
> I think the problem with all the newer kernels was the pvr driver, it either didn't work at all, or it worked very slowly (getting < 8 fps in glxgears). You might have fixed up some things since I last tried though, so I'll give it another try.
> I only tried 5.15.y recently, and that had the really slow performance too.

Ah, I see.

Unfortunately I have no working test scenario for anything with pvr. I can just verify if pvrsrvkm is loading firmware. So maybe we should look into that after xmas break since it is IMHO worth analysing. There should not be too many changes in the pvrsrvkm code. Maybe something in DRM i.e. how memory is allocated and cached.

BR and thanks,