[Letux-kernel] LetuxOS: Kernel: m-latest 5.7-rc6 successful

H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Sun Jun 7 18:38:16 CEST 2020

> Am 07.06.2020 um 18:27 schrieb Andreas Kemnade <andreas at kemnade.info>:
>
> On Sun, 7 Jun 2020 18:00:52 +0200
>
>> Hi Andreas,

>>> Fine!
>>>
>>> So we have to find out why it helps and why the GTA04 works well with this
>>> defintion.
>>
>> what do you think about making the enable_offmode only for gta04?
>>
>> The attached patch should replace your "omap3: give off mode enable a more prominent place".
>>
> Hmm, sorry for not taking care earlier.
>
> I think we should follow Tony's suggestion here and match to pmic
> compatible (then we also have a chance to upstream it)

Hm. How can that pass quality filters?

IMHO it code affects SoC drivers and not the PMIC.
Therefore I do not see how using the pmic .compatible could
pass upstream filters...

At least *I* would ask what happens if there is a different PMIC.

Well, adding the gta04 compatible isn't right either. Better it
should be a property of the cpu node.

And not to forget: both gta04 and openpandora use the same
combination of pmic and soc and still it works on gta04 but
breaks the boot process of the pandora.

So there must be some other factor that affects if it works.

> BTW:
>
> -	pwrst->next_state = PWRDM_POWER_RET;
> +
> +	if (enable_off_mode)
> +		pwrst->next_state = PWRDM_POWER_RET;

Ah, that was a copy&paste mistake from the old patch...
Should be PWRDM_POWER_OFF.