[Letux-kernel] LetuxOS: Kernel: m-latest 5.7-rc6 successful

Andreas Kemnade andreas at kemnade.info
Sun Jun 7 18:56:28 CEST 2020

On Sun, 7 Jun 2020 18:38:16 +0200

> > Am 07.06.2020 um 18:27 schrieb Andreas Kemnade <andreas at kemnade.info>:
> >
> > On Sun, 7 Jun 2020 18:00:52 +0200
> > "H. Nikolaus Schaller" <hns at goldelico.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Hi Andreas,

> >> what do you think about making the enable_offmode only for gta04?
> >>
> >> The attached patch should replace your "omap3: give off mode enable a more prominent place".
> >>
> > Hmm, sorry for not taking care earlier.
> >
> > I think we should follow Tony's suggestion here and match to pmic
> > compatible (then we also have a chance to upstream it)
>
> Hm. How can that pass quality filters?

Well, it is suggested by the quality filter...
Doing what the maintainer says should usually be the easiest way to
prove it wrong.
Anyways, I think Tony will help there.

> IMHO it code affects SoC drivers and not the PMIC.
> Therefore I do not see how using the pmic .compatible could
> pass upstream filters...

It is all about how cpu and pmic are wired together.

https://lore.kernel.org/linux-omap/20190404125111.3800e26d@kemnade.info/
https://lore.kernel.org/linux-omap/20190204184317.GO5720@atomide.com/

And we should set ti,twl4030-power-idle for the gta04.