[Letux-kernel] module_mipi_dsi_driver panel with omapdrm?

H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Thu Jul 23 09:03:49 CEST 2020

Hi all,

> Am 08.07.2020 um 09:52 schrieb H. Nikolaus Schaller <hns at goldelico.com>:
>
> Hi again,
>
>> Am 07.07.2020 um 21:04 schrieb H. Nikolaus Schaller <hns at goldelico.com>:
>>
>> And what I would need to know before I start to write new code is
>> if is possible to operate a video mipi dsi panel with driver from
>> gpu/drm/panel together with omapdrm (v5.7 and later).
>

> I did a quick test on a 5.7.6 kernel with the sysc fixes as
> suggested by Tony.
>
> Then I overwrote the compatible entry of our display to be
> orisetech,otm8009a and configured to build the otm8009a panel driver.
>
> The panel driver is loaded, but not probed (no call to otm8009a_probe).
> It is shown in /sys/bus/mipi-dsi/drivers (and lsmod) but not /sys/bus/mipi-dsi/devices.
>
> So what should I try next?

Any suggestions if and how it is possible to use a gpu/drm/panel MIPI DSI
video mode panel with omapdrm (on OMAP5)?

The problem is that our old omapdrm/display driver is broken since v5.7 and
an experimental gpu/drm/panel driver does not probe. And I assume that
omapdrm/display will disappear completely soon.

BR and thanks,