[Letux-kernel] bno055

Andreas Kemnade andreas at kemnade.info
Thu Apr 4 17:26:38 CEST 2019

Hi,

I am just wondering why the dtb does not enable fusion modes, so you directly
get orientation angles and do not need to mess so much with the sensor values.

Does the power consumption increase much? What about calibration, esp.
hard iron offsets. Does the chip do these things automatically,
or do we need to do it manually?

E.g. for the bmc150 in the gta04a5 I have 306 and 723
for x and y offsets.

IMHO this magnetic things could go into dtb.

And the bno055 mode should be runtime-configurable, not via dtb. It is a policy
setting.