[Letux-kernel] Upstreaming GTA04.dts changes

H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Tue Jul 24 09:30:30 CEST 2018

> Am 23.07.2018 um 19:03 schrieb H. Nikolaus Schaller <hns at goldelico.com>:
>
> Anyways we should find out why the simple sound cards are not created. It is likely a small bug.

Indeed...

The Kconfig for SoC Codecs needs a string in the tristate record or the CONFIG
isn't handled. So we did not even compile the codec modules... Only the GTM601
codec because it has a duplicate Kconfig record - one correct and one that is
wrong.

So it was not DT related that we don't see the cards...

But: like AESS the codec driver code is not compatible to 4.18 sound/core.
So we have to fix it as well.