[Letux-kernel] Upstreaming GTA04.dts changes

H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Mon Jul 23 21:18:27 CEST 2018

> Am 23.07.2018 um 20:15 schrieb Andreas Kemnade <andreas at kemnade.info>:
>
> On Mon, 23 Jul 2018 19:03:56 +0200
>

>>> I am quite unsure about this one:
>>> exclude: gta04a5: reduce OPP to 800MHz because there were RAM errors at 1GHz (although this is not really understandable)
>>>
>>> On one hand it is required, on the other hand it is ugly and probably does not hit the real problem.
>>> Maybe it is time to test that again without. Maybe it just gave the gab driver a better victim or something like that.
>>
>> Maybe... It isn't planned for upstream anyways (tagged "exclude").
>>
> hmm, testing with letux-4.17.3, boots, running memtester now on with
> 700 MB and running an apt-get upgrade on my stretched partition
>
> root at letux:~# cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/cpuinfo_cur_freq
> 1000000
> root at letux:~# cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_cur_freq
> 1000000
> root at letux:~#
>
> nothing strange happened.

Ok! Good to know.

> So it is at least useable for some testing. If not, I would prefer to
> have it uptreamed. But with this test results I it is correctly tagged
> with "exclude"

Fine. What I have basically done is to reconstruct what we currently have
and the plan is to leave out things that are not mature or questionable.

So that we only make public what we think is good enough.

And as soon as things come in through some future -rc they will either
remove our current patches or show some merge conflicts. In any case
they will melt down what we have in the branches

work/letux-base/dt-gta04-common-v2
work/letux-base/dt-gta04-v2
work/letux-base/dt-gta04a5-v2

By this process we make sure that there is a gradual switch and bugs do
not occur in one big heap overnight...