[Letux-kernel] Upstreaming GTA04.dts changes

H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Tue Jul 24 11:11:05 CEST 2018

> Am 24.07.2018 um 09:30 schrieb H. Nikolaus Schaller <hns at goldelico.com>:
>

>> Am 23.07.2018 um 19:03 schrieb H. Nikolaus Schaller <hns at goldelico.com>:
>>
>> Anyways we should find out why the simple sound cards are not created. It is likely a small bug.
>
> Indeed...
>
> The Kconfig for SoC Codecs needs a string in the tristate record or the CONFIG
> isn't handled. So we did not even compile the codec modules... Only the GTM601
> codec because it has a duplicate Kconfig record - one correct and one that is
> wrong.
>
> So it was not DT related that we don't see the cards...
>
> But: like AESS the codec driver code is not compatible to 4.18 sound/core.
> So we have to fix it as well.

Ok, merging this into letux-4.18-rc6 should do it:

http://git.goldelico.com/?p=letux-kernel.git;a=commit;h=985dfdc3d200903ec78a453df1d92d8a9fc21d82

and

http://git.goldelico.com/?p=letux-kernel.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/work/letux-base/codecs-for-gta04

I don't know if it works, but I now can see all 4 sound cards again :)