[Letux-kernel] Upstreaming GTA04.dts changes

Andreas Kemnade andreas at kemnade.info
Mon Jul 23 20:15:48 CEST 2018

On Mon, 23 Jul 2018 19:03:56 +0200

> > I am quite unsure about this one:
> > exclude: gta04a5: reduce OPP to 800MHz because there were RAM errors at 1GHz (although this is not really understandable)
> >
> > On one hand it is required, on the other hand it is ugly and probably does not hit the real problem.
> > Maybe it is time to test that again without. Maybe it just gave the gab driver a better victim or something like that.
>
> Maybe... It isn't planned for upstream anyways (tagged "exclude").

hmm, testing with letux-4.17.3, boots, running memtester now on with
700 MB and running an apt-get upgrade on my stretched partition

root at letux:~# cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/cpuinfo_cur_freq
1000000
root at letux:~# cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_cur_freq
1000000
root at letux:~#

nothing strange happened.

So it is at least useable for some testing. If not, I would prefer to
have it uptreamed. But with this test results I it is correctly tagged
with "exclude"