[Letux-kernel] Upstreaming GTA04.dts changes

H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Mon Jul 23 19:03:56 CEST 2018

> Am 23.07.2018 um 18:31 schrieb Andreas Kemnade <andreas at kemnade.info>:
>
> Hi,
>
> On Sun, 22 Jul 2018 14:09:30 +0200
>
>> And here is a new version:
>>
>> 	http://git.goldelico.com/?p=letux-kernel.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/work/hns/dt-upstreaming
>>
>> I have cleaned up all commits, did run checkpatch.pl and fixed
>> some minor issues. And I have checked that it compiles.
>>
>> So basically the patch set looks good now and the first 32
>> commits are IMHO ready for upstreaming - unless you complain
>> before I submit them.
>> Hi,

>> The missing bluetooth / fm sound nodes are not included in
>> the 32, so we can look for that independently.
>>
> hmm, there are these mcbsp nodes for them. I think we should put them in a second set together with
> the working sound stuff.

Hm. McBSPs are independent of stuff (aka drivers) working. Basically DT should describe hardware
and making the codecs/sound cards work should not influence the McBSPs (on OMAP side). Like i2c interfaces can
be defined even if there are no drivers/bindings for the clients.

Anyways we should find out why the simple sound cards are not created. It is likely a small bug.
But I would not yet submit the sound codec nodes because they depend on stuff not ready for upstream (si4721 driver, bluetooth power on/off).

So I'd prefer to post mcbsp anyways and maintainers will skip them if they don't like it.
If they already accept we have less work later...

> I am quite unsure about this one:
> exclude: gta04a5: reduce OPP to 800MHz because there were RAM errors at 1GHz (although this is not really understandable)
>
> On one hand it is required, on the other hand it is ugly and probably does not hit the real problem.
> Maybe it is time to test that again without. Maybe it just gave the gab driver a better victim or something like that.

Maybe... It isn't planned for upstream anyways (tagged "exclude").