[Letux-kernel] diffs between linus/master and letux-base

Andreas Kemnade andreas at kemnade.info
Tue Feb 7 12:47:55 CET 2017

Hi,

On Tue, 7 Feb 2017 08:26:51 +0100

> in the long run the only diffs between letux-base and linux/master
> should be reduced to DT and defconfigs and our private Letux/
> subdirectory.
>
> Currently we have a little more, but not really much:
>
> Documentation/devicetree/bindings/hwmon/twl4030-madc-hwmon.txt
> Documentation/devicetree/bindings/leds/tca6507.txt
> Documentation/devicetree/bindings/mfd/twl4030-madc.txt
> Documentation/devicetree/bindings/mmc/mmc.txt
> Documentation/devicetree/bindings/power_supply/twl4030_madc_battery.txt
> Documentation/devicetree/bindings/video/video-ports.txt
> arch/arm/mach-omap2/clock.c
> arch/arm/mach-omap2/display.c
> arch/arm/mach-omap2/omap_device.c
> arch/arm/mach-omap2/powerdomains3xxx_data.c
> crypto/asymmetric_keys/Kconfig
> drivers/extcon/extcon-gpio.c
> drivers/gpu/Makefile
> drivers/gpu/drm/omapdrm/displays/panel-sony-acx565akm.c
> drivers/gpu/drm/omapdrm/dss/dsi.c
> drivers/gpu/pvr/Kconfig
> drivers/gpu/pvr/Makefile
> drivers/hwmon/twl4030-madc-hwmon.c
> drivers/input/keyboard/gpio_keys.c
> drivers/input/misc/twl4030-pwrbutton.c
> drivers/mfd/twl4030-audio.c
> drivers/mfd/twl4030-power.c
will check this one.

> drivers/mmc/core/core.c
> drivers/mmc/core/slot-gpio.c
didn't expect differences here, will have a look what's
up there.

> drivers/mtd/ubi/io.c
> drivers/net/wireless/marvell/libertas/if_sdio.c
will check this one

> drivers/phy/phy-twl4030-usb.c
already looked through
only the fake-host stuff is worth keeping.

> drivers/regulator/tps6105x-regulator.c
> drivers/tty/serial/omap-serial.c
> drivers/usb/musb/musb_core.c

will check this one.

> But other diffs are quite spurious and for ca. 30% I don't even know
> why we need them or if they harm. What do you think about them?

Which procedure should be followed to revert stuff to mainline
For the files I clean up, should I myself revert the file in letux-base
and then add the remaining, still needed stuff into a branch?