[Letux-kernel] diffs between linus/master and letux-base

H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Tue Feb 7 08:26:51 CET 2017

Hi,
in the long run the only diffs between letux-base and linux/master
should be reduced to DT and defconfigs and our private Letux/ subdirectory.

Currently we have a little more, but not really much:

Documentation/devicetree/bindings/hwmon/twl4030-madc-hwmon.txt
Documentation/devicetree/bindings/leds/tca6507.txt
Documentation/devicetree/bindings/mfd/twl4030-madc.txt
Documentation/devicetree/bindings/mmc/mmc.txt
Documentation/devicetree/bindings/power_supply/twl4030_madc_battery.txt
Documentation/devicetree/bindings/video/video-ports.txt
arch/arm/mach-omap2/clock.c
arch/arm/mach-omap2/display.c
arch/arm/mach-omap2/omap_device.c
arch/arm/mach-omap2/powerdomains3xxx_data.c
crypto/asymmetric_keys/Kconfig
drivers/extcon/extcon-gpio.c
drivers/gpu/Makefile
drivers/gpu/drm/omapdrm/displays/panel-sony-acx565akm.c
drivers/gpu/drm/omapdrm/dss/dsi.c
drivers/gpu/pvr/Kconfig
drivers/gpu/pvr/Makefile
drivers/hwmon/twl4030-madc-hwmon.c
drivers/input/keyboard/gpio_keys.c
drivers/input/misc/twl4030-pwrbutton.c
drivers/mfd/twl4030-audio.c
drivers/mfd/twl4030-power.c
drivers/mmc/core/core.c
drivers/mmc/core/slot-gpio.c
drivers/mtd/ubi/io.c
drivers/net/wireless/marvell/libertas/if_sdio.c
drivers/phy/phy-twl4030-usb.c
drivers/regulator/tps6105x-regulator.c
drivers/tty/serial/omap-serial.c
drivers/usb/musb/musb_core.c
drivers/video/Kconfig
include/linux/mmc/slot-gpio.h
include/linux/platform_data/omap-twl4030.h
include/linux/platform_data/serial-omap.h
kernel/irq/pm.c
scripts/sortextable.c
security/selinux/include/classmap.h
sound/soc/codecs/Kconfig
sound/soc/codecs/Makefile
sound/soc/codecs/gtm601.h
sound/soc/codecs/si47xx.c
sound/soc/codecs/si47xx.h
sound/soc/codecs/twl4030.h
sound/soc/codecs/w2cbw003-bt.c
sound/soc/codecs/w2cbw003-bt.h
sound/soc/omap/Kconfig
sound/soc/omap/Makefile
sound/soc/omap/gta04-audio.c
sound/soc/omap/gta04-fm.c
sound/soc/omap/gta04-headset.c
sound/soc/omap/gta04-jack.c
sound/soc/omap/gta04-voice.c
sound/soc/omap/mcbsp.h
sound/soc/omap/omap-mcbsp.c
sound/soc/omap/omap-twl4030.c

If we have problems, we should keep this in mind, that the problem might not be
visible in our feature branches.

Therefore a big task will be to extract more and more things into separate feature branches.

Some can be obviously grouped into new feature branches:
soc/codecs -> work/hns/gta04-soc-codecs
soc/omap -> work/hns/gta04-soc-codecs
regulator/tps6105x-regulator.c (flash light)

But other diffs are quite spurious and for ca. 30% I don't even know why we need them or if they harm.
What do you think about them?