[Letux-kernel] Debugging 4.11-rc6 on GTA04
H. Nikolaus Schaller
hns at goldelico.com
Tue Apr 11 15:36:32 CEST 2017
> Am 11.04.2017 um 12:43 schrieb Andreas Kemnade <andreas at kemnade.info>:
> On Mon, 10 Apr 2017 22:01:28 +0200
> "H. Nikolaus Schaller" <hns at goldelico.com> wrote:
>>> Am 10.04.2017 um 20:13 schrieb H. Nikolaus Schaller <hns at goldelico.com>:
>>> I have found a little time to upgrade our tree to 4.11-rc6
>>> and for the first time there were no kernel oops on the GTA04(A5)
>>> until login.
>>> Only the LCD is broken :(
>>> On the Pyra the same kernel works well. So it seems to be
>>> OMAP3 specific (maybe again some interference of the TILER
>>> addition, but I can easily check by merging my 4.11-rc6
>>> without TILER).
>> I have now built w/o TILER and for the first two boot attempts I had the
>> same error. But the third one succeeded. This time I got
>> And the ethernet gadget was not loaded (initially). No VBUS event reported. But charger started charging.
>> After unplugging the USB cable I got:
>> root at letux:~# [ 230.016326] musb-hdrc musb-hdrc.0.auto: VBUS_ERROR in b_idle (90, <VBusValid), retry #0, port1 00000100
>> And then:
>> [ 237.857330] g_ether gadget: high-speed config #1: CDC Ethernet (ECM)
>> [ 238.624481] IPv6: ADDRCONF(NETDEV_CHANGE): usb0: link becomes ready
>> Otherwise I didn't see any significant issue.
>> So it looks as if we still have two bugs: one in musb and another one in TILER/crtc.
> Sounds like problems which can be bisected on mainline. I think I will
> bisect this evening a bit. With musb, there is probably just another
> enable/disable balancing problem which must be somehow worked around in
> the glue layer or phy.
But this gave me another idea... I have added a command line option to my
merge script so that it ignores the mergefile. Then I can add a handful
of our feature branches to be merged on top of letux-base.
With these ones, I could get it compiled and run on the GTA04A5 (of course missing sound,
inverted touch etc.):
./merge -p -nmf -- work/hns/letux/rootfs work/hns/dt/gta04 work/hns/dt/gta04a5 work/hns/mtd/onenand work/marek/generic-adc-battery work/hns/misc/w2sg-serdev
Result is at:
Interestingly our feature branches are not as independent as they should
be... The generic adc battery is needed for some #include in the GTA04DT and
GTA04A5 wants to modify a bluetooth node that comes through the w2sg-serdev
Anyways, the important information is: with this minimum set of feature branches
I have neither problems with musb nor display. So the issue is not coming from
I think we have something old in the hacks branch or our musb branch
which is now in conflict.
Candidate branches are:
An idea could be to merge one after the other manually on top of the
minimal branch until it starts to fail. Then we know which feature
branch makes the problem.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 801 bytes
Desc: Message signed with OpenPGP using GPGMail
More information about the Letux-kernel