[Lenny400] Slightly later kernel/distro version

David Boddie david at boddie.org.uk
Sat Aug 26 12:38:18 CEST 2017

On Saturday 26. August 2017, H. Nikolaus Schaller wrote:

> > Having next to no knowledge about how things actually work, it looks like
> > 2.6.30-rc4 is as far as this method will take me.
> >
> > Do you want the changes pushed back into the letux-400 repo? If so, how
> > should I do it?
>
> Well, there are two options:
> a) you register on http://projects.goldelico.com/p/letux-400/
> and give me your user-name. Then I can add you to become a project member
> which enables push access to the git repo

Already done! :-)

> b) if you have a public accessible git I can pull the branch into the repo

I think I'll try that.

> > You probably don't want the whole Linux kernel history.
>
> Well, it doesn't matter much. The server has a big disk...
>
> If it has history, we could also pull it into the letux-kernel repository
> (which already has all this history). This is maybe a better central place
> than the old http://git.goldelico.com/?p=letux-400.git and could simplify
> copying things to latest letux kernel work.

The repo I used was the linux-stable one from kernel.org, so it should apply
cleanly to the letux-kernel. What I did was cherry-pick the initial letux-400
changes on top of each release I wanted, build the kernel and run it on the
minibook. If it worked then I tagged it. I also tagged some commits that
didn't work. As I moved through the releases, I cherry-picked later commits
instead of the original one.

> > Perhaps just a commit with the 2.6.29.6 sources, and perhaps also commits
> > for 25, 26, 27 and 28?
>
> If you have them. IMHO every version could help someone.

Sure. I will clean up what I have (remove non-working commits and tags) and
push the repository somewhere. Then we can think about whether we should
strip out everything except useful releases for the letux-400 repo if that
seems useful.

David