[Lenny400] Slightly later kernel/distro version

H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Sat Aug 26 09:08:04 CEST 2017

Hi David,

> Am 26.08.2017 um 00:48 schrieb David Boddie <david at boddie.org.uk>:
>
> Using the method of brute force and ignorance, I've managed to get take the
> changes to the Linux 2.6.24 kernel from the letux-400 repository and get them
> to more or less work with Linux 2.6.29. This is "new" enough that it is
> possible to run Debian 6 (Squeeze) on the minibook - so a bit too old,
> really, but something I've at least used fairly recently.

Great!

> Having next to no knowledge about how things actually work, it looks like
> 2.6.30-rc4 is as far as this method will take me.
>
> Do you want the changes pushed back into the letux-400 repo? If so, how
> should I do it?

Well, there are two options:
a) you register on http://projects.goldelico.com/p/letux-400/
and give me your user-name. Then I can add you to become a project member
which enables push access to the git repo
b) if you have a public accessible git I can pull the branch into the repo

> You probably don't want the whole Linux kernel history.

Well, it doesn't matter much. The server has a big disk...

If it has history, we could also pull it into the letux-kernel repository
(which already has all this history). This is maybe a better central place
than the old http://git.goldelico.com/?p=letux-400.git and could simplify
copying things to latest letux kernel work.

> Perhaps just a commit with the 2.6.29.6 sources, and perhaps also commits for
> 25, 26, 27 and 28?

If you have them. IMHO every version could help someone.