[Gta04-owner] GTA04 revisions with 1G of RAM?

Andreas Kemnade andreas at kemnade.info
Sat Jan 19 15:17:28 CET 2019

On Sat, 19 Jan 2019 14:58:43 +0100
Denis 'GNUtoo' Carikli <GNUtoo at cyberdimension.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've looked on the wiki[1] to understand the changes between the
> revisions.
>
> As I understand, we have the following revisions:
> - A2: Beagleboard based?
> - A3:
>   512M of RAM
>   no hardware routing between the modem and the CODEC
> - A4:
>   512M of RAM
>   hardware routing between the modem and the SOC
>
> The linux kernel has two A5 revisions in arch/arm/boot/dts/:
> - omap3-gta04a5.dts
> - omap3-gta04a5one.dts: the ONENAND version of the A5
>
> However they don't have any indication of the amount of RAM.
> - The wiki FeatureList[1] page seem to indicate that there is only 512M
>   as '1G' of RAM is not mentioned on the page
> - u-boot sources seem to indicate that there may be 1G on some
>   versions[2]
>
> Do versions with 1G of RAM exist? If so were they sold to people? How
> many of such devices were sold?

They exist.  I own such one. That was the original plan to solder all
A5 boards with that. But then there was the warping problem...

I even fixed uboot myself to have that 1gb available:
https://git.goldelico.com/?p=letux-uboot.git;a=commit;h=4f485af97ef76da6dd327856fb9cebdf29966e35

Regards,
Andreas