[Gta04-owner] GTA04 revisions with 1G of RAM?

Denis 'GNUtoo' Carikli GNUtoo at cyberdimension.org
Sat Jan 19 14:58:43 CET 2019

Hi,

I've looked on the wiki[1] to understand the changes between the
revisions.

As I understand, we have the following revisions:
- A2: Beagleboard based?
- A3:
  512M of RAM
  no hardware routing between the modem and the CODEC
- A4:
  512M of RAM
  hardware routing between the modem and the SOC

The linux kernel has two A5 revisions in arch/arm/boot/dts/:
- omap3-gta04a5.dts
- omap3-gta04a5one.dts: the ONENAND version of the A5

However they don't have any indication of the amount of RAM.
- The wiki FeatureList[1] page seem to indicate that there is only 512M
  as '1G' of RAM is not mentioned on the page
- u-boot sources seem to indicate that there may be 1G on some
  versions[2]

Do versions with 1G of RAM exist? If so were they sold to people? How
many of such devices were sold?