[Gta04-owner] QtMoko snapshot

Andreas Kemnade andreas at kemnade.info
Sun Dec 31 12:20:06 CET 2017

Hi,

On Fri, 29 Dec 2017 21:53:29 +0100
tgrauss <tgrauss at f-gp.eu> wrote:

> Yes, it is a gta04a5.
>
> But I still don't know what I did wrong.

then there is something not well documented. If you have to be afraid
to tinker around with your phone because you fear you cannot fix it
again, then there is something wrong here.

> I flashed the right updated boot loader as suggested a few days ago
> without problem.
>
> Maybe I messed up with makesd when trying to install debian on the sd
> card. But why did it reflash u-boot on the phone immediately after
> inserting the battery. I didn't press the aux and power button?

Probably you added the -b flag to makesd without thinking about it.
And then you said gta04 instead of gta04one.
The bootloader will update whenever there is a changed bootscript
version (triggered by the boot.scr) and there is a bootloader available
in MLO.flash or u-boot.img.flash

Maybe makesd should add an additional warning (possibily to be
confirmed) if you are putting a bootloader on a sd.

Also if we are going down the dfu road of installing/updating
bootloaders, those mistakes would probably be avoided for a big part.
Reason: If we boot spl/uboot via usb and it is the wrong one it will
in most circumstances not be able to flash nand.
Additionally, we can do some matching on usb product ids or device
names.

Regards,
Andreas