[Gta04-owner] Patches for replicant main repositories

Josua Mayer josua.mayer97 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 30 12:04:30 CET 2017

Hi everybody,

Am 29.12.2017 um 22:12 schrieb Andreas Kemnade:
> Hi,
>
> On Fri, 29 Dec 2017 21:49:10 +0100
>
>>> Am 28.12.2017 um 11:01 schrieb Andreas Kemnade <andreas at kemnade.info>:

>>> sorry, wrong
>>>
>>> https://code.fossencdi.org/replicant_build.git
>>>>
>>> and then we just need to find a conveniet place to put them...
>>> As said afaik I cannot create projects on
>>> http://projects.goldelico.com, so I cannot initialize git repos there
>>> myself. So Nikolaus has to help out if we decide to put them there.
>> I'd like to keep things together.
>>
>> But what is the problem? Do you need write access to the existing repo?
>>
> I have write access, but can I also create subprojects of
> http://projects.goldelico.com/p/gta04-replicant/?
> I did not find how to do that.
>
>> Lukas did have multiple versions (2.3, 4.0 and 4.2) in just 3 repos
>> so that adding 6.x should not require anything special beyond that?
>>
> So basically I have two options:
> a) remove everything modprobe based.
> b) fork these three above-mentioned code.fossencdi.org repos to
> have a working modprobe
I'd vote for b), considering that in the future (Android 8) modprobe
will be back.
Nikolaus, if you could create projects for /external/toybox and /build,
then I'll put my patches there.
Note: There will be a new version of that modules.dep patch to build.

I think we should keep these changes on our side for a while before
merging such things back to replicant, to see if we want them to stick.