[Gta04-owner] Patches for replicant main repositories

H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Fri Dec 29 21:49:10 CET 2017

> Am 28.12.2017 um 11:01 schrieb Andreas Kemnade <andreas at kemnade.info>:
>
> On Thu, 28 Dec 2017 10:40:35 +0100
> Lukas Maerdian <luk at slyon.de> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Am 27.12.2017 um 21:24 schrieb Andreas Kemnade:
>>> I am wondering a bit about what to do best with all the patches for the
>>> replicant main projects.
>>> It there any chance to apply them during build time using our local
>>> manifest or otherwise override things there?
>>> Or do we need to fork these projects...
>>>
>>> probably best on projects.goldelico.com
>>>
>>> Affected projects are:
>>> https://code.fossencdi.org/cm-mirror/LineageOS/android_external_toybox
>>>
>>> https://code.fossencdi.org/system_core.git
> sorry, wrong
>
> https://code.fossencdi.org/replicant_build.git
>>>
>>> I think I cannot fork projects on projects.goldelico.com.
>> Unfortunately forks of the repos are necessary AFAIK (so we can
>> overwrite them in our local_manifest.xml).
>>
> and then we just need to find a conveniet place to put them...
> As said afaik I cannot create projects on
> http://projects.goldelico.com, so I cannot initialize git repos there
> myself. So Nikolaus has to help out if we decide to put them there.

I'd like to keep things together.

But what is the problem? Do you need write access to the existing repo?

Lukas did have multiple versions (2.3, 4.0 and 4.2) in just 3 repos
so that adding 6.x should not require anything special beyond that?

Yes, I remember that *working* with the repos is a little painful
because one has to switch between public and local manifests and repo
sync might complain. But I have to dig out the details first before
knowing more...