[Gta04-owner] Patches for replicant main repositories

Andreas Kemnade andreas at kemnade.info
Thu Dec 28 11:01:01 CET 2017

On Thu, 28 Dec 2017 10:40:35 +0100
Lukas Maerdian <luk at slyon.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Am 27.12.2017 um 21:24 schrieb Andreas Kemnade:
> > I am wondering a bit about what to do best with all the patches for the
> > replicant main projects.
> > It there any chance to apply them during build time using our local
> > manifest or otherwise override things there?
> > Or do we need to fork these projects...
> >
> > probably best on projects.goldelico.com
> >
> > Affected projects are:
> > https://code.fossencdi.org/cm-mirror/LineageOS/android_external_toybox
> >
> > https://code.fossencdi.org/system_core.git
sorry, wrong

https://code.fossencdi.org/replicant_build.git

> > I think I cannot fork projects on projects.goldelico.com.
> Unfortunately forks of the repos are necessary AFAIK (so we can
> overwrite them in our local_manifest.xml).

and then we just need to find a conveniet place to put them...
As said afaik I cannot create projects on
http://projects.goldelico.com, so I cannot initialize git repos there
myself. So Nikolaus has to help out if we decide to put them there.

I hope that we do not need to do too many changes there. So because of
that maybe I could also put them under my github account. Afaik the big
topic is only enabling modprobe in our replicant 6 build

> But maybe Wolfgang (CCed) can help out, as he owns fossencdi.org and
> might have access to the real upstream Replicant repos.

Regards,
Andreas