[Gta04-owner] QtMoko - progress

Andreas Kemnade andreas at kemnade.info
Wed Dec 27 20:49:06 CET 2017

On Tue, 26 Dec 2017 23:57:32 +0100
Andreas Kemnade <andreas at kemnade.info> wrote:

> On Tue, 26 Dec 2017 23:26:32 +0100
>
> > Hi,
> [...]
> >
> > Basically we have to open("/dev/input/touchscreen", 0) and read the
> > linux input events (struct input_event) and translate to QtE events.
> >
> > This could also need a select() or non-blocking but I don't know
> > how QtE handles this. Maybe they already have an evdev driver so
> > that it is just configuration and no code like for GPS?
> >
> They have an evdev driver. I do not know whether is handles touchscreen
> correctly. So chances are good that it is just configuration.

Ok, I did some real tests:
in qpe.env
export QWS_MOUSE_PROTO="tslib:/dev/input/touchscreen"

starts a calibration screen (not needed of course) if /etc/pointercal
does not exist
and gives a working touchscreen

export QWS_MOUSE_PROTO=linuxinput:/dev/input/touchscreen
does not work, the touchscreen evdev is not listed in /proc/<pid of
qpe>/fd

export QWS_MOUSE_PROTO=linuxtp:/dev/input/touchscreen
opens a touchscreen and also a calibration screen if /etc/pointercal
does not exist. It registers touching the screen. If
I understand the code correctly, it opens pre-evdev-style touchscreen
devices and does not understand what it gets from the evdev.

Regards,
Andreas
PS: compiling this night without tslib support