[Gta04-owner] QtMoko - progress

Andreas Kemnade andreas at kemnade.info
Tue Dec 26 23:57:32 CET 2017

On Tue, 26 Dec 2017 23:26:32 +0100

[...]
> Basically we have to open("/dev/input/touchscreen", 0) and read the
> linux input events (struct input_event) and translate to QtE events.
>
> This could also need a select() or non-blocking but I don't know
> how QtE handles this. Maybe they already have an evdev driver so
> that it is just configuration and no code like for GPS?

They have an evdev driver. I do not know whether is handles touchscreen
correctly. So chances are good that it is just configuration.

> Calibration isn't needed since we have the precalibration in the
> later kernels.
>

> > - audio settings
>
> AFAIR, QtMoko uses amixer state files and these have to be updated
> since some mixer controls have changed names and function between
> 3.7 and 4.15 kernels...
>
> >  - new swtiches in kernel >4.10
>
> Great!

That was just a subpoint of the alsa item.  I have located the
alsa state files, so it is also quite easy. But first I need some sleep.

> > And the biggest thing probably: general cleanup and port to qt5
>
> For general cleanup my dream is to get rid of the scripts/build-package-gta04.sh
>
> It should be possible to apt-get source the source file tree and
> simply build like any other debian package from sources.
>
> This dream seems now to be reachable.

Well, the build process just produces a source tarball.

Regards,
Andreas