[Gta04-owner] Antwort: GTA04A5 production status

H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Fri Jun 10 12:55:59 CEST 2016

Hi,

> Am 10.06.2016 um 12:46 schrieb Sven Dyroff <S.Dyroff at phytec.de>:
>
> Hello Nikolaus,
>
> I did good old and _reliable_ bank transfer to Neo900 UG _after_ all the trouble with separating them from GD.
>
> I don't want to recall money as long as I can down-to-earth expect to get a NEO900 within a reasonable time, because I pay much respect to all of you guys.

well, I can only answer very biased :) And based on public information (maemo, IRC).

> My considerations and questions are:
>   -  How long will it still take to get a NEO900?

I don't know an estimate but when looking at the status I would say: it will be a big challenge to be faster than 6 months and a challenge to ship in 12.

>   -  Does it make sense to get a GTA04A5 in the meantime?

Yes, definitively (did you expect me to say something different :)

>   -  Will the projects that you plan - especially QtMoko2 - still work (reasonably) on my GTA04A4?

Yes. Josua is developing on a GTA04A4 and most differences should be covered by different kernel drivers / device tree files and only 1-2 by user space hacks.

>   -  How much is the effect of the deeper power down states of the GTA04A5?

Currently we have 50 mA in suspend and 25 mA are known to come from some kernel bug not powering down the MUSB subsystem.
The lower power state could bring another 10 mA so I think we *could* come to 15 mA.