[Gta04-owner] Antwort: GTA04A5 production status

Sven Dyroff S.Dyroff at phytec.de
Fri Jun 10 13:16:20 CEST 2016

Hello Nikolaus,

> well, I can only answer very biased

That's absolutely clear. Unfortunately we're all still living within the
real existing capitalism.

> NEO900: ... it will be a big challenge to be faster than 6 months and a
challenge to ship in 12.

Ok, that would at least lead me to still stand by and don't having the
want to recall money from them.

> Yes, definitively (did you expect me to say something different :)

Hmmmmmmm....     :-D     ;-)

> Yes. Josua is developing on a GTA04A4 and most differences should be
covered by different kernel drivers / device tree files and only 1-2 by
user space hacks.

I highly appreciate your honesty. Answers like that are by far not
self-evident for a salesman living within capitalism.

> Currently we have 50 mA in suspend and 25 mA are known to come from some
kernel bug not powering down the MUSB subsystem.
> The lower power state could bring another 10 mA so I think we *could*
come to 15 mA.

Hmmmmmmm... 695 EUR are much money for an interesting but intermediate
phone. I think I will take my decision at some incalculable instant of
time spontaneously. You'll then see the result in your shop.  ;-))

Best regards
   Sven

Von:    "H. Nikolaus Schaller" <hns at goldelico.com>
An:     List for communicating with real GTA04 owners
<gta04-owner at goldelico.com>
Datum:  10.06.2016 12:56
Betreff:        Re: [Gta04-owner] Antwort:  GTA04A5 production status
Gesendet von:   "Gta04-owner" <gta04-owner-bounces at goldelico.com>

Hi,

> Am 10.06.2016 um 12:46 schrieb Sven Dyroff <S.Dyroff at phytec.de>:
>
> Hello Nikolaus,
>
> I did good old and _reliable_ bank transfer to Neo900 UG _after_ all the
trouble with separating them from GD.

> I don't want to recall money as long as I can down-to-earth expect to
get a NEO900 within a reasonable time, because I pay much respect to all
of you guys.

well, I can only answer very biased :) And based on public information
(maemo, IRC).

> My considerations and questions are:
>   -  How long will it still take to get a NEO900?

I don't know an estimate but when looking at the status I would say: it
will be a big challenge to be faster than 6 months and a challenge to ship
in 12.

>   -  Does it make sense to get a GTA04A5 in the meantime?

Yes, definitively (did you expect me to say something different :)

>   -  Will the projects that you plan - especially QtMoko2 - still work
(reasonably) on my GTA04A4?

Yes. Josua is developing on a GTA04A4 and most differences should be
covered by different kernel drivers / device tree files and only 1-2 by
user space hacks.

>   -  How much is the effect of the deeper power down states of the
GTA04A5?