[Gta04-owner] Which distri

Adrien Dorsaz adrien at adorsaz.ch
Wed Sep 23 20:29:48 CEST 2015

Hello,

Le lun 21 sep 2015 à 20:50, H. Nikolaus Schaller <hns at goldelico.com> a
écrit :
> What we need is fixing the sources/trees/instructions/whatever to make
> it compile again. Either in a qemu image (e.g.
> http://download.goldelico.com/gta04-debian-lxde/qemu-wheezy-vexpress/
> )
> or by separating into self-contained source packages that can be
> compiled
> on a GTA04 with Debian installed.

Well, I've tried and I was able to compile QtMoko on Qemu aournd 2
years ago (soon !).
(I took some notes on my Redmine:
https://redmine.adorsaz.ch/projects/qtmoko_/wiki )

Maybe I can give a try with your qemu image.

First we should try to compile latest QtMoko with old kernel (that's
what I should be able to do).
Next step will be to compile it with recent kernel I think.

I think that porting to Jessie will require too much efforts (even if
Radek was able to port it from Squeeze to Wheezy almost alone IIRC).
If the 4.2 kernel doesn't drain too fast the battery, it could make
sense to try the port if Replicant drains the battery too fast.

> IMHO the main problem is that it does not use standard Qt which can be
> installed from Debian repositories, but needs to (cross)-compile some
> older
> fork first. If someone could provide pre-built dev-packages of that
> it would
> also simplify development significantly…

And I think that if Replicant is not too bad on GTA04, it will be more
interesseting to use it, because nowadays standard Qt is able to build
applications for Android.

Adrien