[Gta04-owner] broken usb-connector, replacementpart

H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Tue Sep 22 15:19:54 CEST 2015

Hi,

Am 22.09.2015 um 14:52 schrieb Thomas Munker <t.munker at gmx.net>:

> Hi,
> after some time as full-time mobile, my gta04 lately dropped while
> connected via usb and the connector broke loose.

Oh, what bad luck!

> Now i disassembled it, and as i see the shock broke off the plastic-pin
> with which the connector was mounted on the circuit board. Also the
> outer pads of the shield where torn off, the back pads are somewhat
> broken, but i think there i can resolder again.

It may be a little tricky to repair the connections but usually it is possible.

> Will it work again, if i resolder just the back-pads and use glue for
> the outer pads?

No, the shield (outer pads) must also be connected to ground or you won’t
be able to use USB for more than charging.

Scratch off the solder mask and add a small piece of wire to ground the
case of the connector. One connection is sufficient to be grounded. The
others can be glued.

> I want to by a new connector, because i think the broken plastic pins
> are important. Where can i get some identical connector? Goldelico? Do
> i need some article-number / manufacturer?

P/N is MOLEX 67803-8020

If you don’t find it easily, please contact me through private mail. We
can also repair it for a little fee + shipment.