[Gta04-owner] broken usb-connector, replacementpart

Thomas Munker t.munker at gmx.net
Tue Sep 29 16:33:36 CEST 2015

Hi,
just wanted to thank Goldelico for the fast delivery of the replacement
connector.
I installed it now and it works great!

Thereby i have made some thoughts about the connector, and why it seems
to be broken that often. I think the problem is, that when you put in
the cable, you put it in till it reaches the end of the connector. So
the plug-in process gives it always a little hit, which is forwarded to
the connection of the socket to the circuit-board.
This connection also has to absorb all torques if the mobile is pulled
by the cable.
These forces are then transferred by the circuit-board to the case and
the hole phone moves according to the force.

I think, for further developments, it is important to position the
connection deeper in the case, and give the plug further assistance. In
that way it will hit the case, not the connector, just when it is
plugged in. Also this should be designed so, that forces and torques
from the cable are overtaken direct by the case and don't have to be
transferred by the circuit-board and the connector on it.

Maybe this will aid someone in the future, if designing new
cases/phones for the open community.

greets,
Thomas Munker