[Gta04-owner] Replicant 2014.08 GPS app ?

Lukas Maerdian luk at slyon.de
Fri Sep 12 09:56:33 CEST 2014

Am 12.09.2014 um 08:45 schrieb Harald Koenig:
> On Sep 10, Lukas Maerdian wrote:
>
>> I've tested GPS with OSMAnd, which you can find in FDroid.
>
> ACK, gps works (with OSMAnd)
>
> one question about power management -- should it work ?
>
> in air plane mode with display and everything off  (no sim installed)
> it runs out of battery after some few hours.

We did not yet do any tweaks for power management. It's as good as the
GTA04 3.12 kernel gets, which is not as good as 3.7 was. Furthermore it
depends on the wakelocks. E.g. if Wifi or GPS is turned on, a wakelock
is hold, and the device won't go to suspend, but just turn of the screen.

Also, I remember some discussions, that the modem might draw more energy
if no SIM is installed. Maybe you can insert an old/deactivated SIM instead?

> I've just charged it and try to get some numbers around lunch/afternoon
> without touching it anymore before then...

That would be interesting!

BR,
  Lukas