[Gta04-owner] Replicant 2014.08 GPS app ?

Lukas Maerdian luk at slyon.de
Wed Sep 10 09:38:00 CEST 2014

Hi Harald!

Am 10.09.2014 um 09:32 schrieb Harald Koenig:
> first thanks for Replicant 2014.08, great to see android working on GTA04!!
> my GTA04 is just a smart no-phone, I don't use GSM, no sim card installed...
>
> right now I'd like to play with GPS a bit.
> can you recommend a free GPS app from fdroid just to show satelites, coordinats
> and maybe speed/altiture ? I've tried a saved "GPSTest.apk" from google play store
> form my real phone, but this does not display *anyting*.

I've tested GPS with OSMAnd, which you can find in FDroid.

> next would be some app to show all sensor data -- any recommendation ?

To test the currently working sensors, I've used Sensor Readout, which
can be found in FDroid, too.

> do I really need a google account even for this simple stuff ?

You don't need a google account at all. Maybe if you want to use the
Google Play Store... but FDroid is recommended anyway, as it provides
only free software.

BR,
  Lukas