[Gta04-owner] Upstream Replicant 4.2 support for GTA04

Lukas Maerdian luk at slyon.de
Mon Mar 10 12:14:52 CET 2014

> Neil Jerram <neil at ossau.homelinux.net> writes:

>>> Could you check "lsmod", to see if the battery driver is correclty
>>> loaded in Replicant?
>>
>> I'll try that later this evening - thanks for the hint!
>
> lsmod indicates that the following modules are loaded: libertas_sdio,
> libertas, lib80211, cfg80211, hci_uart, bluetooth.
>
> So, no battery module, apparently.
>
> How do I use the ADB thing over USB from my laptop?  Should a simple
> "adb shell" work?  I see just this:
>
> root at neil-laptop:/home/neil# adb shell
> * daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *
> * daemon started successfully *
>
> and then nothing else, i.e. no indication of any connection either on my
> laptop or on the phone.

Yes, so it seems to be a different problem with your image/kernel/modules.

ADB should work like this:
* sudo adb start-server (on host)
* Connect USB cable.
* Verify the hosts fingerprint on the device (a popup should
atomatically open on the first time connect).
* adb shell (on host)

Note that you need ADB>=v1.0.31 on your host, to be able to connect to
a Android device>=v4.2.2!

Best,
  Lukas