[Gta04-owner] Upstream Replicant 4.2 support for GTA04

Neil Jerram neil at ossau.homelinux.net
Sun Mar 9 21:18:05 CET 2014

Neil Jerram <neil at ossau.homelinux.net> writes:

> On 2014-03-06 13:01, Lukas Maerdian wrote:
>>>
>>> I'm pretty sure that, with my battery (~2012 I think),
>>>
>>> 1) 'cat /sys/class/power_supply/bq27000_battery/uevent' reports a
>>> complete
>>> set of information when running under a simple Debian distribution;
>>> and
>>>
>>> 2) I don't get any sensible battery/charging information in the
>>> Replicant
>>> UI.
>>>
>>> Therefore I'm not completely persuaded that the Replicant issue is
>>> just an
>>> 'old battery' problem...
>>

>> Could you check "lsmod", to see if the battery driver is correclty
>> loaded in Replicant?
>
> I'll try that later this evening - thanks for the hint!

lsmod indicates that the following modules are loaded: libertas_sdio,
libertas, lib80211, cfg80211, hci_uart, bluetooth.

So, no battery module, apparently.

How do I use the ADB thing over USB from my laptop?  Should a simple
"adb shell" work?  I see just this:

root at neil-laptop:/home/neil# adb shell
* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *
* daemon started successfully *

and then nothing else, i.e. no indication of any connection either on my
laptop or on the phone.

Regards,
    Neil