[Gta04-owner] Upstream Replicant 4.2 support for GTA04

Neil Jerram neil at ossau.homelinux.net
Thu Mar 13 15:58:53 CET 2014

On 2014-03-10 11:14, Lukas Maerdian wrote:
>> Neil Jerram <neil at ossau.homelinux.net> writes:
>>
>> lsmod indicates that the following modules are loaded: libertas_sdio,
>> libertas, lib80211, cfg80211, hci_uart, bluetooth.
>>
>> So, no battery module, apparently.
>>
>> How do I use the ADB thing over USB from my laptop?  Should a simple
>> "adb shell" work?  I see just this:
>>
>> root at neil-laptop:/home/neil# adb shell
>> * daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *
>> * daemon started successfully *
>>
>> and then nothing else, i.e. no indication of any connection either on
>> my
>> laptop or on the phone.
>
> Yes, so it seems to be a different problem with your
> image/kernel/modules.

OK - but I believe the image/kernel/modules are all exactly per your
latest single partition Replicant 4 announcement; I haven't done any
tweaking myself.  (Unless time travelling aliens created a spare evening
for me and then wiped my mind so that I forgot it :-).)

> ADB should work like this:
> * sudo adb start-server (on host)
> * Connect USB cable.
> * Verify the hosts fingerprint on the device (a popup should
> atomatically open on the first time connect).
> * adb shell (on host)
>
> Note that you need ADB>=v1.0.31 on your host, to be able to connect to
> a Android device>=v4.2.2!

Many thanks, I'll try this recipe next time.

Regards,
      Neil