[Gta04-owner] Upstream Replicant 4.2 support for GTA04

Lukas Maerdian luk at slyon.de
Fri Mar 7 21:20:22 CET 2014

>> > Try to scratch on the surface of the pad. Maybe you can remove some of
>> > this green coating.
>>
>> Thanks Christoph, it worked!
>> Now Android shows the battery status with the old battery as well again.
>>
>> So, PaulK should check his battery pads, before modifying the
>> bq27x00-battery driver.
>
> Okay, I'll do that. However, I recall the driver was working fine with
> the old 4.0 build I had installed on the sdcard before flashing the new
> 4.2 images. I'll let you know. I also have a newer openmoko battery as
> well as a Nokia one. By the way, how does one go about using a Nokia
> compatible battery on the gta04?

AFAIK the Nokia batteries don't have the HDQ, so they can't measure
their status themselfs, which means we have to approximate their
status in a driver. Your best bet would probably be to use the
twl4030-madc-battery driver, as used by the Letux 3704/7004 device
variants. It uses the voltage values measured by the TWL4030, to
approximate the battery capacity (in %). The capacity approximation is
a little bit rough currently, it could be improved by better
charge/discharge callibration data (volt <-> capacity mapping).

That driver was created by us and is in mainline since Linux 3.11, is
used (at least) in our Letux devices without HDQ and in some Nokia
N900s.

BR,
  Lukas