[Gta04-owner] Kickstarter?

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Sun Mar 2 14:22:41 CET 2014

Hi,

Am 02.03.2014 um 13:46 schrieb Roland Haeder:

> On 03/02/2014 01:32 PM, Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Am 02.03.2014 um 13:22 schrieb Roland Haeder:
>>
>>> Here are my ideas:
>>>
>>> - Fund the initial production of, let's say, 500 devices (I don't know
>>> if that is enough, just an example).
>>
>> We need ~100.
> Also possible.
>

>>> - The production of this "genesis" batch is then mostly payed by
>>> crowd-funding.
>>
>> Hm. With the GTA04 design we are already behind that and are looking for
>> producing a *last* batch.
> An idea for the next hardware platform then.
>

>>> - So you have pure income and no production costs as they are already payed.
>>> - With that money collected from sales + a 2nd crowd-funding campaign
>>> you can finance a larger batch (say 5.000) of devices.
>>
>> No, there will not be a larger batch of the GTA04 design.
>
> Okay, then replace GTA04 with the next generation you need to finance. :)

Well, it is a misconception that *I* want to finance anything.

In fact, we are a community - and if we want to see something *we* have
to finance it or find others who are interested...

Obviously, chances should be better to get something financed that already
exists (GTA04A5) than for something completely new.

I see my contribution in getting things developed and produced - and
personally I would save a lot of time if I would not even care about it.

But I do. Because it is fun and helps others to have fun.