[Gta04-owner] Kickstarter?

Roland Haeder roland at mxchange.org
Sun Mar 2 13:46:32 CET 2014

On 03/02/2014 01:32 PM, Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Am 02.03.2014 um 13:22 schrieb Roland Haeder:
>
>> Here are my ideas:
>>
>> - Fund the initial production of, let's say, 500 devices (I don't know
>> if that is enough, just an example).
>
> We need ~100.
Also possible.

>> - The production of this "genesis" batch is then mostly payed by
>> crowd-funding.
>
> Hm. With the GTA04 design we are already behind that and are looking for
> producing a *last* batch.
An idea for the next hardware platform then.

>> - So you have pure income and no production costs as they are already payed.
>> - With that money collected from sales + a 2nd crowd-funding campaign
>> you can finance a larger batch (say 5.000) of devices.
>
> No, there will not be a larger batch of the GTA04 design.

Okay, then replace GTA04 with the next generation you need to finance. :)

Further ideas:
- Every payee that pays X EURO or more gets a device as he/she has
already payed a full device.
- If he/she desires to pay lower than X EURO, then he/she won't get a
device but your gratitude for crowd-funding the device. E.g. you then
could think about sending him/her back some merchandise articles if
accepted.

Crowd-funding is different than the pay-money-get-stuff-back model:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crowdfunding

Regards,
Roland