[Gta04-owner] making use of the gyros

Benjamin Deering ben_deering at swissmail.org
Wed Jun 25 04:55:53 CEST 2014

So I did compile the latest kernel, but haven't installed it yet.  I did
this instead.

http://jeepingben.net/QuackerBlaster-gyro-src.tar.gz
http://jeepingben.net/QuackerBlaster-gyro-bin.tar.gz

This was an abandoned game (original site is gone, but there was a copy
of the source here: http://www.ohloh.net/p/Quacker-Blaster).  I was
looking for something that just used C++ and SDL so it didn't require
pygame like my previous gyro game.

It is pretty rough, I added an FPS cap - as released the game used 100%
cpu.  I think it is too easy  even with the duck speed tripled.  I
didn't rearrange all the graphics for 480x640, but it is playable.

The paths to the gyro are in the code - they are correct for my 3.12.7
kernel.

If anyone else gets this to work, let me know.  Hold the phone still
while starting as the gyros need to calibrate (for < 1 second).

Ben