[Gta04-owner] Kernel 3.16-rc2

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Tue Jun 24 08:37:36 CEST 2014

Hi Neil,

Am 24.06.2014 um 02:16 schrieb Neil Jerram:

> Neil Jerram <neil at ossau.homelinux.net> writes:
>
>> "Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller" <hns at goldelico.com> writes:
>>
>>> If you compile your own kernel and device tree binaries, just replace them on /path/to/SD/boot
>>
>> My compile (make uImage) ends with:
>>
>>    OBJCOPY arch/arm/boot/zImage
>>    Kernel: arch/arm/boot/zImage is ready
>>  multiple (or no) load addresses:
>>  This is incompatible with uImages
>>  Specify LOADADDR on the commandline to build an uImage
>>  arch/arm/boot/Makefile:79: recipe for target 'arch/arm/boot/uImage' failed
>>  make[1]: *** [arch/arm/boot/uImage] Error 1
>>  arch/arm/Makefile:306: recipe for target 'uImage' failed
>>  make: *** [uImage] Error 2
>>
>> Any idea what is wrong there?  My build process is slightly different
>> from what GTA04/README says, namely:
>
> OK, I found out about adding LOADADDR=0x80008000, from
> http://projects.goldelico.com/p/gta04-kernel/page/Build/.
>
> And about "make dtbs" to build the DTBs, of which I've copied the GTA04
> ones to my GTA04's /boot.

Fine!

> Now I'm just wondering about GTA04/bootargs.txt.  Should I do something
> with that?

My build script does this with the bootargs.txt:

ARCH=arm
MKIMAGE=$(which mkimage)
${MKIMAGE} -A ${ARCH} -O linux -T script -C none -a 0 -e 0 -n 'Boot Args' -d bootargs.txt arch/${ARCH}/boot/bootargs.scr

Then I copy it the bootargs.scr to the /boot directory as well.
This mechanism allows to handle kernel dependent bootargs by u-boot.

But since it hasn't changed for a while, you can keep the most recent bootargs.scr.