[Gta04-owner] Kernel 3.16-rc2

Neil Jerram neil at ossau.homelinux.net
Tue Jun 24 02:16:01 CEST 2014

Neil Jerram <neil at ossau.homelinux.net> writes:

> "Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller" <hns at goldelico.com> writes:
>
>> If you compile your own kernel and device tree binaries, just replace them on /path/to/SD/boot
>
> My compile (make uImage) ends with:
>
>     OBJCOPY arch/arm/boot/zImage
>     Kernel: arch/arm/boot/zImage is ready
>   multiple (or no) load addresses:
>   This is incompatible with uImages
>   Specify LOADADDR on the commandline to build an uImage
>   arch/arm/boot/Makefile:79: recipe for target 'arch/arm/boot/uImage' failed
>   make[1]: *** [arch/arm/boot/uImage] Error 1
>   arch/arm/Makefile:306: recipe for target 'uImage' failed
>   make: *** [uImage] Error 2
>
> Any idea what is wrong there?  My build process is slightly different
> from what GTA04/README says, namely:

OK, I found out about adding LOADADDR=0x80008000, from
http://projects.goldelico.com/p/gta04-kernel/page/Build/.

And about "make dtbs" to build the DTBs, of which I've copied the GTA04
ones to my GTA04's /boot.

Now I'm just wondering about GTA04/bootargs.txt.  Should I do something
with that?

Thanks,
        Neil