[Gta04-owner] Kernel 3.16-rc2

Neil Jerram neil at ossau.homelinux.net
Tue Jun 24 00:37:46 CEST 2014

"Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller" <hns at goldelico.com> writes:

> If you compile your own kernel and device tree binaries, just replace them on /path/to/SD/boot

My compile (make uImage) ends with:

    OBJCOPY arch/arm/boot/zImage
    Kernel: arch/arm/boot/zImage is ready
  multiple (or no) load addresses:
  This is incompatible with uImages
  Specify LOADADDR on the commandline to build an uImage
  arch/arm/boot/Makefile:79: recipe for target 'arch/arm/boot/uImage' failed
  make[1]: *** [arch/arm/boot/uImage] Error 1
  arch/arm/Makefile:306: recipe for target 'uImage' failed
  make: *** [uImage] Error 2

Any idea what is wrong there?  My build process is slightly different
from what GTA04/README says, namely:

  export CROSS_COMPILE=arm-linux-gnueabihf-
  export ARCH=arm
  export INSTALL_MOD_PATH=install
  make gta04_defconfig
  make uImage
  make modules
  make modules_install

where the arm-linux-gnueabihf- cross compiler is from Debian testing.
Apart from possibly the compiler, I would guess that the differences are
not significant.

Thanks,
        Neil