[Gta04-owner] Kernel 3.16-rc2

Neil Jerram neil at ossau.homelinux.net
Fri Jun 27 11:55:36 CEST 2014

On 2014-06-26 23:48, Benjamin Deering wrote:

> Neil, were you successful in booting 3.16-c2?

No, not yet.  Also, something about how I copied the new kernel and
modules onto one of my existing partitions has resulted in me no longer
being able to boot the older kernel on that partition either
(3.7.0-offmode-gta04+).

On the other hand, I can still boot other partitions on the same SD
card, so presumably the process of flashing the latest u-boot to NAND
was successful.

To be clear, my setup is:
- P1: Replicant
- P2: QtMoko
- P3: My own userspace, with 3.7.0 and 3.16-rc2 kernels.
- P4: Extended
- P5: Shared media
and I can now boot P1 and P2 but not P3.

I haven't had time yet to investigate further.  Also I really need a
serial cable setup - both for this and if I'm going to start playing
with kernels that might not fully boot yet.  Possibly though my P3
problem is nothing to do with flashing; it might be that I overfilled
the partition when copying on the new kernel and modules, and something
on the filesystem got lost or corrupted.

Regards,
       Neil