[Gta04-owner] Replicant-4.2 for GTA04

Lukas Maerdian luk at slyon.de
Fri Feb 21 17:44:10 CET 2014

> On 2014-02-21 14:50, Lukas Maerdian wrote:

>>> I'm confused.  Why doesn't the Goldelico image include those two fixes?
>>>
>>> (I'm assuming that your Replicant work is on behalf of / closely linked
>>> with Goldelico - is that correct?)
>>

>> Yes my Replicant work is on behalf of Goldelico.
>>
>> Those fixes are not (yet) integrated, because they touch core
>> frameworks/parts of Android (#564) or interfere with my current kernel
>> work (#559).
>>
>> I try to find solutions to not touch the core parts of Android, because
>> we do not have enough manpower to maintain a whole Android stack like
>> AOSP, Linaro or CyanogenMod do. The Goldelico build is a pure
>> Replicant/CyanogenMod with just a GTA04 device+kernel overlay.
>

> Thanks for explaining.
>
> I'd like to test, but I'm worried about the effect of #564.  IIUC, that bug
> causes constant 50% CPU usage, so presumably it eats the battery quite fast?

Hi Neil,

I'm glad you're interested. The Replicant 4.2 system isn't ready for
daily use quite yet, i.e. modem RIL/Wifi/Bluetooth are non-working.
Right now it is just meant for testing purposes, so battery shouldn't
be too much of a problem. But if you want to avoid this bug in any
case and have a spare SD card, you can test Alexandre's image, which
is based on the Goldelico system and provides those other fixes.

BR,
  Lukas