[Gta04-owner] Replicant-4.2 for GTA04

Neil Jerram neil at ossau.homelinux.net
Sat Feb 22 00:46:32 CET 2014

Lukas Maerdian <luk at slyon.de> writes:

> I'm glad you're interested. The Replicant 4.2 system isn't ready for
> daily use quite yet, i.e. modem RIL/Wifi/Bluetooth are non-working.
> Right now it is just meant for testing purposes, so battery shouldn't
> be too much of a problem. But if you want to avoid this bug in any
> case and have a spare SD card, you can test Alexandre's image, which
> is based on the Goldelico system and provides those other fixes.

I'm testing your image now - I have to try this single partition one
first because I've lost my SD card reader, which means I can't run the
multi-partition setup script on my laptop (even though I do have a spare
SD card).

It looks great.  On first boot it stayed for a worryingly long time,
I guess around 3mins, on the Replicant image page - but I guess that's
normal.

Is there a way to make the USB cable do networking, as in normal
Linux-based distros?  ifconfig -a on my laptop doesn't show any USB
interface, as it normally would.  Without this I can't test things like
the browser.

Also, after I stopped playing to write this email, the screen went blank
and it appears there's no way that I can make it come alive again - any
ideas there?

Many thanks,
     Neil