[Gta04-owner] Replicant-4.2 for GTA04

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Fri Feb 21 17:41:54 CET 2014

Am 21.02.2014 um 17:29 schrieb Neil Jerram:

> On 2014-02-21 14:50, Lukas Maerdian wrote:

>>> I'm confused.  Why doesn't the Goldelico image include those two fixes?
>>> (I'm assuming that your Replicant work is on behalf of / closely linked
>>> with Goldelico - is that correct?)
>> Yes my Replicant work is on behalf of Goldelico.
>> Those fixes are not (yet) integrated, because they touch core
>> frameworks/parts of Android (#564) or interfere with my current kernel
>> work (#559).
>> I try to find solutions to not touch the core parts of Android, because
>> we do not have enough manpower to maintain a whole Android stack like
>> AOSP, Linaro or CyanogenMod do. The Goldelico build is a pure
>> Replicant/CyanogenMod with just a GTA04 device+kernel overlay.
>
> Thanks for explaining.
>
> I'd like to test, but I'm worried about the effect of #564.  IIUC, that bug causes constant 50% CPU usage, so presumably it eats the battery quite fast?

That has still to be expected in this phase of development. But it should be good enough for doing other tests (while you operate from power
supply).

It should also be quite straightforward to prepare an SD card with just this image on it so you can easily swap for testing (that is why we make these
single-partition images).